What is Pinterest
Pinterest is a visual social network tool which has internal mechanics to help you discover relevant ideas to you (based on your profile and search history) when signed in to the tool.
Pinterest users input data and receive relevant search results with ideas that could be based on pretty much anything including:
- Home Lifestyle
- Technologies such as websites and SEO
- Business accounts and processes
- Marketing strategies
You create your own boards (blog posts) into group boards which can then be labelled with anything this visual search engine discovers, and when you discover Pins of interest, you can save them to these boards to keep your ideas organised. It’s super quick and super easy to get round. One thing to note however, there are a lot of pins out there so it’s easy to start confusing matters if you don’t set it up and maintain it properly.
Is pinterest a good marketing tool?
If you rely on your website as a business tool to help facilitate your sales and marketing then Pinterest boards with product pins can help you generate traffic (to increase leads or sales) and also help with your search engine optimisation (SEO) if built correctly and maintained correctly.
In a recent study, 87% of people using Pinterest said they would buy a product due to Pinterest.
Pinterest is a very trusted source for people, it really suits people who want to sell products especially.
Once you get some users following your boards, hopefully if your content is interesting enough they will start repinning them on to their boards (essentially creating pointers/directions to your board thus boosting your content and brand/products etc).
How to use pinterest effectively
Building a cost-effective and high-performing PPC campaign can be extremely complex and time-consuming.
By using a reputable PPC agency such as iConcept, all the hard work is taken care of. A good agency will carry out effective keyword research, create powerful ads and monitor and adjust your campaign/s to keep up with marketing trends. This allows you more time to run other important aspects of your business.
A good Pinterest marketing strategy is designed to act like a modern day scrapbook or bulletin board. Depending on your requirements and target audience, you can use it to help you brand, help you sell products or just help with increasing your SEO performance. As Pinterest is a high ranking website, search engines will like this and start linking up your relevant keywords. So, how do you create a pinterest account and how do you promote pinterest searches for a wide audience? Some guidelines follow:
- Create a Pitnerest Business Account early
- Create interesting imagery
- Create good quality content (pin descriptions)
- Pin (blog post) on a regular and consistent basis
- Keep an eye out for seasonal posting like christmas
- Use boards to pin/connect with other users (who have similar tastes ideally)
- Optimize for SEO, use good keywords
- Don’t over complicate things, make it easy for people to shop.
How to promote pinterest pages
There are a few ways to do this, through your own regular marketing like connecting with other pinners and other social media platforms. Tips include:
- Spread the word. Use all of the social channels you have to keep your friends, family, and customers about your new Pinterest account.
- Use hashtags like other social platforms. Essentially key phrases relevant to what you want to advertise.
- Email people
- Make sure you always have a link back to the relevant page on your website.
- If you want an extra boost for a wider audience you can use Pinterests Adwords-type promoted pins tool, like an auction site where you bit on keywords to artificially promote your site to the top of people’s searches. Yes this costs money but you do get the Pinterest Analytics so you can help see the demographics of who are looking at your pins and boards.
Need some help?
If you need a hand then check out our own template for Pinterest here and then use the chat below or do give us a call on 01252 279 117.